2 3 Wacky Wednesday Wag | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wacky Wednesday Wag



Wacky Wednesday Wag

It’s been several weeks since I posted a blog on posture. So here we go.

A common problem in alignment is the seat sticking out and the back arching. Scary stuff. This is caused by a tilt in the pelvis, and we all know there is no tipping, tucking or tilting in ballet. The pelvis must stay level – most of the time.

To keep the pelvis properly aligned, imagine having a long, fluffy dog’s tail that isn’t wagging. Rather, this tail is relaxed and hanging (from your tailbone) down toward the floor until it actually brushes the floor. And here it remains. No wagging.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1www:
“Imagine a dog’s tail hanging down toward the floor.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.”
― W. H. Auden

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment