2 3 Marvelous Monday Penchée Day | Ballet Webb

Monday, September 10, 2018

Marvelous Monday Penchée Day



Marvelous Monday Penchée Day

Today we celebrate everything related to penchée! I have written many times about this lovely, but challenging step and you can search my blog for the details on these previous entries:

Ballet Secret #11n: Imagine the hips supported by wide ribbons tied to the ceiling during penchée.
Ballet Secret #21b:  “The rule of the penchée:  the body is only allowed to go down as much as the leg goes up.”
Ballet Secret #21c:   “To help maintain stability in a penchée, think of sending energy outward through the working leg.”
Ballet Secret #21g: The word “penchée” means leaning or inclined.
Ballet Secret #22q: If you have a split on the floor you can have a 6 o’clock penchée.

Today I’m adding one more, and it is important. To maintain stability in a penchée, you must keep the weight over the ball of the supporting foot at all times! There is a tendency, especially when the working leg is at its full height, to rock back on the heel of the standing leg. Gasp! When this happens all is lost. Scary.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #11o:
“Keep the weight over the ball of the standing foot during a penchée.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”
― Albert Einstein

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment