2 3 Wacky Wednesday Life Raft | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wacky Wednesday Life Raft



Wacky Wednesday Life Raft

A good acronym can be very helpful in ballet training. So today I present a life raft to help you achieve better pirouettes.

The first element of a pirouette is your posture, with the shoulders and hips level. The torso makes the shape of a rectangle (R). Next there should be a strong relevé, with the arch of the foot approximately over the second toe (A). There must be a strong spot  with a good eye focus (F). And finally you must use the tension you need, no more and no less, engaging all necessary muscles to keep the position solid (T).

There you have it! A Life Raft for pirouettes!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15iii:
“For great pirouettes, remember your Life Raft.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Only the guy who isn’t rowing has time to rock the boat.”
- Jean-Paul Sartre

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment