2 3 Mad Monday Mouth | Ballet Webb

Monday, February 19, 2018

Mad Monday Mouth



Mad Monday Mouth

We all have habits – good and bad. One habit I see in dance students involves mouth movements. These habits wouldn’t be a problem normally – after all, lots of us bite our lips or grimace when concentrating on some problem. But dancers must be alert to these unconscious habits and work to eliminate them.

I usually see these mouth movements when students are concentrating, and they are almost always unaware of what is happening. It helps if they are told to notice whether they do it when they are studying or reading. It’s probably a habit that has been with them most of their life, and didn’t cause a problem until now. And, as we all know, habits are difficult to break.

Do you bite your lips when concentrating? Being aware of these subtle habits is the first step to changing them.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #22j:
“Be aware of mouth movements.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You have two eyes, and two ears, but only one mouth. This is so because you are supposed to look and listen more than you talk.”
Lucca Kaldahl

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment