2 3 Fun Friday Labor Saving | Ballet Webb

Friday, February 9, 2018

Fun Friday Labor Saving



Fun Friday Labor Saving

It occurred to me the other day that ballet technique, with all its wonders, has labor saving devices built right into it. That’s right! Just like robotic vacuum cleaners, computers and dishwashers, to name a few labor savers, ballet technique has them too.

For example, the brush of a grand battement, when used correctly, provides the push (impetus) for the kick, avoiding the need for hauling the leg up using more effect than is needed.

One of the biggest labor saving devices in ballet is – you guessed it – the pliĆ©!  Used correctly it provides impetus with less effort plus cushions landings to prevent crashing. How cool is that?

Ballet is chock-full of labor saving devices. I’ll bet you can think of others.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #7ppp:
“Remember the labor saving devices in ballet technique.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“By his very success in inventing labor-saving devices, modern man has manufactured an abyss of boredom that only the privileged classes in earlier civilizations have ever fathomed.”

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment