2 3 Wild Wednesday Pirouette Trick | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wild Wednesday Pirouette Trick






Wild Wednesday Pirouette Trick

There are several acceptable pirouette preparations. One trick that is helpful to students is Ballet Secret 14ff: Open both arms to second at the moment of the deepest part of the plié.”
Many traditional preparations bring only the following arm from second in to fifth en avant for the relevé, not both arms. The leading arm stays in front of the dancer, and the following arm comes in to meet it for the turn.

Especially for dancers having difficulty with pirouettes, this double-arm prep helps will leveling the upper body and providing a bit of extra impetus for the turn. Sometimes this slight alteration in the preparation is all that is needed to improve the turns.

This is just one of several ways dancers can experiment with improving their pirouettes.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret 14ff:
“Pirouette Trick: Open both arms to second at the moment of the deepest part of the plié.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
Thomas A. Edison

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment