2 3 Saturday Statute Re-Pliés | Ballet Webb

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Saturday Statute Re-Pliés






Saturday Statute Re-Pliés

Today’s Ballet Statute is related to Ballet Statute #97:There is no stopping in a grand plié.” There is also no stopping at the bottom in a demi-plié, and that’s because when stopping occurs it forces the dancer to “re-plié”, that is, plié again. Not good. There is no such step as a “re-plié”, and for good reason.

When a dancer has to plié  again it ruins the impetus that should have been generated by the first plié. And, it simply makes more work for the dancer overall. And, it doesn’t look good…I could go on but you get the idea.

Only one plié to a customer. No more “re-pliés”, please.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute # 98:
There are no “re-pliés” in ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Babe Ruth

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment