2 3 Terminology Tuesday A Plat | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Terminology Tuesday A Plat



Terminology Tuesday A Plat

A term of the French school, à plat [a pla] means on the flat. It means that the entire bottom of the foot is in contact with the ground.

It is the same as pied à terre [pyay a tehr], a term of the Cecchetti school, which means – not surprisingly – foot on the ground.

Sometimes the answers are simple.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #73:
“The term à plat means on the flat.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Once upon a time, people thought earth was flat-shaped.
Now I'm ready to perceive universe won't be as we think.”
― Toba Beta

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment