2 3 Mad Monday Click | Ballet Webb

Monday, December 9, 2019

Mad Monday Click



Mad Monday Click

I’ve heard some dancers say that visualization (mental imagery) doesn’t work for them. Well, everyone is different but the power of mental imagery on athletic performance has quite a bit of research backing up its effectiveness.

I believe if someone thinks imagery doesn’t work for them they simply haven’t found the right images – the ones that “click”. This is why dance teachers are always looking for new and different ideas for their students. What works for one won’t work for another, but when one finally clicks – wow!

So don’t give up on the power of imagery. Just keep trying until one clicks. It will make a believer out of you!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #16ee:
“Try different images until something clicks.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
― Albert Einstein

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment