2 3 Fun Friday Rectangle | Ballet Webb

Friday, December 27, 2019

Fun Friday Rectangle



Fun Friday Rectangle

Here is a simple visual picture for pirouettes: a 3-D rectangle. A rectangular building block, like a giant brick.

Imagine your torso as this rectangle. This will help keep the shoulders and hips aligned as well as helping prevent the dreaded Twisting Torso Syndrome.

Think Rectangle! right before you pirouette.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #14rrr:
“Remember to think rectangle for pirouettes.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You don’t see something until you have the right metaphor to let you perceive it”
― James Gleick, Chaos: Making a New Science

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment