2 3 Saturday Superstition Cats and Luck | Ballet Webb

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday Superstition Cats and Luck



Saturday Superstition Cats and Luck

If you’ve followed my blog for any time at all, you probably noticed that I use cats a lot in the photos. It’s not only because I love cats, but also because they lend themselves so well to various ballet-like positions.

Today I ran across a cat superstition I hadn’t heard before. Cats are lucky to have around a theatre, but back luck if they happen to run across the stage. This makes sense. Cats around a theatre will keep it free of mice, etc., but if they run across the stage during a performance…well.

Here is another interesting bit of information about cats and theaters from

“A black cat is supposed to be an infallible source of good luck about a theatre and all dark felines are treated with the greatest care and consideration. Even so famous a play-house as the Théâtre Français possesses one of these animals and it is considered a privileged character in that classic temple of the drama. Fortunate, indeed, does any member of that institution consider him or herself if when entering the theatre the cat meets him at the door, and doubly fortunate the lucky one the cat might brush against while in the theatre.”

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #132:
“Cats are lucky around a theatre - but unlucky if they run across the stage.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.”
― Albert Schweitzer

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment