2 3 Mad Monday Fear of Falling | Ballet Webb

Monday, July 23, 2018

Mad Monday Fear of Falling



Mad Monday Fear of Falling

One of the biggest hurdles to overcome, especially when it comes to turns, is fear of falling. Gasp! This morning I ran across a great website and a number of suggestions for dealing with this fear.

Here is the link to the complete article including 6 suggetions: http://www.ballettipsandtricks.com/?cat=5
I like the phrase the author uses to describe how often to repeat a series of steps: do it until it is “boringly easy”. This is so true!

Another thing to consider is why you are afraid of falling. The answer is usually simple: you don’t want to get hurt. Getting injured is probably a dancer’s worst fear. So what do you do about that? Learning how to fall is the best thing, and taking modern dance classes can help you do that. Then there is the philosophy that you should fall at least once in every class so you will be familiar with the sensation. I’m not sure about that level of frequency, but my most fearless students seem to be those who fall (without injury) all the time.

The bottom line is this: keep working to overcome your fear. Baby steps. Like everything else, it gets better with practice.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21qq:
“There are several ways to overcome fear of falling.”

Link of the Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcEqlAA4F4
Quote of the Day:
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” 
― 
Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment