2 3 Wacky Wednesday Wide | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Wide



Wacky Wednesday Wide

Consider the children’s toy called a top. (I blogged about tops last week). Now think about the shape of this item – wide at the top and very, very narrow at the bottom. It is this shape that allows it spin so effectively.

Using this idea for pirouettes, or any turn, imagine that your shoulder area widens outward, across both the front and back of your body. Really feel this sensation of widening. Now try the pirouette, and see if this image helps.

Think wide!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #14ppp:
“Imagine widening the shoulders for turns.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“When you reach for the stars, you are reaching for the farthest thing out there. When you reach deep into yourself, it is the same thing, but in the opposite direction. If you reach in both directions, you will have spanned the universe.”

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment