2 3 Terminology Tuesday Ramassé | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Ramassé



Terminology Tuesday Ramassé

The term ramassé or ramassée [ra-ma-SAY] means “picked up”. It is used in petit allegro steps such as entrechat cinq ramassé (also called sissonne fermé battu, which is a sissonne fermé with the beat of an entrechat quatre). Confused yet?

Maybe this makes it clear: an entrechat cinq ramassé is basically a sissonne fermé (closed) and beaten, done with the beat of a royale.

All that being said, I don’t recall hearing the term ramassé used in any classes I attended, but I did hear sissonne fermé battu.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #66:
“Ramassé means picked up.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Growth and evolution is a choice that everybody has, but it’s only rare few that choose it.”
― Jennifer Pierre

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment