2 3 Fun Friday Foil | Ballet Webb

Friday, November 29, 2019

Fun Friday Foil



Fun Friday Foil

Yes, for many people this is their biggest shopping day of the year: Black Friday. But I think it could also be called Aluminum Foil Day. Right?

You probably came home from a Thanksgiving feast with leftover goodies wrapped in foil – or you have some in your refrigerator left from the dinner you prepared. Either way, I think aluminum foil rules the day.

On that subject, aluminum foil can be a good image for dancers. Imagine that your body is made of foil and when you do certain movements pretend you are smoothing out the wrinkles in the foil. For good posture, smooth out the spine, for lovely port de bras smooth out the upper back into the arms, and for abdominal control, smooth out the stomach area…you get the idea.

Happy Aluminum Foil Day!


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #22p:
“Imagine your body as aluminum foil.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment