2 3 Monday Spare | Ballet Webb

Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday Spare



Monday Spare

We are all familiar with the problem of ribs poking out or opening up. This is simply not allowed. There are no spare ribs in ballet.

Instead, the rib cage stays aligned over the pelvis (except in positions like attitude and arabesque), and the center front of the rib cage falls into its naturally closed position – never allowed to open outward.

Maintaining this posture will help immensely with pirouettes as well as almost everything else.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Statute #176:
“There are no spare ribs in ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“There are no ideas in the South, just barbecue.”
― Pat Conroy, The Prince of Tides

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment