2 3 Mad Monday Magic Broomstick | Ballet Webb

Monday, October 28, 2019

Mad Monday Magic Broomstick



Mad Monday Magic Broomstick

You will remember Ballet Secret #15aaaa: A grand jeté has two grand battements. Well, today’s idea is similar.

When you do a grand jeté or a saut de chat, the leg that leads must battement up, out and parallel to the floor, while (at almost the same time) the back leg battements into its position (also parallel to the floor). Voila! You have created a split in the air or a magic broomstick!

The torso rides on top of this flying broomstick as you travel through space. Appropriate for this time of year especially…

Grand battement broomsticks!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #15bbbb:
“Imagine riding a magic broomstick in a grand jeté.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Listen, Harry can I have a go on it? Can I?"
"I don't think anyone should ride that broom just yet!" said Hermoine shrilly.
Harry and Ron looked at her.
"What d'you think Harry's going to do with it - sweep the floor?" said Ron.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment