2 3 Marvelous Monday Rotational Range | Ballet Webb

Monday, October 7, 2019

Marvelous Monday Rotational Range



Marvelous Monday Rotational Range

I’ve done many posts about turnout. I’ve talked about how important it is to avoid forcing it (always a major temptation), the dangers of tibial torsion, plus many different ways to visualize turnout and how to use it on a daily basis.

Recently, I discovered a good article here: https://www.energetiksblog.com.au/blog/2014/1/28/turnout that talks about everything related to turnout from anatomical facts to ways to work within your own personal capabilities to why we turnout in the first place.

Turnout, I have always said, is a means to an end, not an end in itself. I was limited in my own anatomical capability for turnout, but I was also able to increase it to a large degree. This is very possible to do regardless of one’s limitations.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #3y:
“Understand your own range of rotation.”
Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment