2 3 Wacky Wednesday Steps that Talk | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Steps that Talk



Wacky Wednesday Steps that Talk

In previous blog posts I’ve mentioned steps that say their own name as they are performed. For example, chassé is one that sounds like what it does. See my blog about chassé here:

In today’s Link of the Day, at about 26 seconds, this method of using the pronunciation of the step to describe how the step should be executed is demonstrated. Je-Tay!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15qqq:
“Jeté says its own name: Je- Tay.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If you don't know how to pronounce a word, say it loud!" (William Strunk) ... Why compound ignorance with inaudibility?”
― E.B. White, The Elements of Style

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment