2 3 Fun Friday Fold | Ballet Webb

Friday, February 8, 2019

Fun Friday Fold



Fun Friday Fold

Ahh those wonderful brisés! Dancers love them – not. I’m not sure why, but it may be because the beating is done in a unique position. And that position is one of the keys to success.

In a brisé, the body is folded. That’s right, folded. The upper body is inclined forward with a slight contraction in the abdominals, while the legs come off the floor at an angle that matches the angle of the upper body – essentially folded.

The upper body is similar to the position in a standard jeté, with an up-and-over posture. This, along with a strong plié and brush are the elements of a successful brisé.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15rrr:
“Be sure to fold your brisé.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I wrote for nearly six hours. When I stopped, the dark mood, as if by magic, had folded its cloak and gone away.
- Zane Grey

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment