2 3 Fun Friday February Frappés | Ballet Webb

Friday, February 1, 2019

Fun Friday February Frappés



Fun Friday February Frappés

It’s February, and its Friday! It’s time for Fun Friday February Frappés! And this doesn’t happen often.

A common problem in frappés is a loss of turnout. Gasp! It happens. And it usually happens when the frappé foot moves back to the starting position but the knee doesn’t. You would think the knee come right along with the frappé foot, but sadly, it often doesn’t.

Therefore, remember to bring the knee back after each and every frappé. It helps to concentrate on keeping the rotation engaged in the hip socket, and this keeps the turnout in its proper place.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #10g:
“In frappés, remember to bring the knee back.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
Poirot," I said. "I have been thinking."
"An admirable exercise my friend. Continue it.”
― Agatha Christie, Peril at End House

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment