2 3 Mad Monday Short | Ballet Webb

Monday, February 18, 2019

Mad Monday Short



Mad Monday Short

That’s right. There’s no place for short in ballet. I’m not talking about height, I’m talking about ballet technique.

Nothing should be short. No short alignment: there’s always a minimum of two directions of energy and one of them is up. There are no short legs or arms since there is always energy outward through the extremities.

Then there’s movement itself. There are no short steps. Always travel, reach out, use the space. Long, tall steps. No short, hesitant ones.

In other words, everything is always growing – outward and upward. Nothing is short in ballet except perhaps the variation of the four little swans.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21rr:
“There is no ‘short’ in ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Summer's lease hath all too short a date.”
― William Shakespeare, Sonnets

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment