2 3 Saturday Superstition Make-up | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Saturday Superstition Make-up



Saturday Superstition Make-up

There is a theatrical superstition that states you should never clean your make-up box because it will bring bad luck. Hmmm….Most dancers use fishing tackle boxes for their make-up and all those little cubbies can get pretty grimy, so I’m not sure about this one.


“It is unlucky to carry a makeup box, like an amateur actress. The make up with a new set of grease paints on an opening night is unlucky. Makeup boxes should never be 'cleaned out', as this is said to bring bad luck.”

Personally, I never used a tackle box – or any type of box, so I wasn’t faced with the dilemma of to clean or not to clean. I just kept everything in zippered cases. Problem solved.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #135:
“Never clean your make-up box.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Nothing seems to tempt fate more than mentioning the possibility of something bad happening.”
― Donald G. Firesmith, Demons on the Dalton

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment