2 3 Wild Wednesday Stop Sign | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wild Wednesday Stop Sign



Wild Wednesday Stop Sign

The most important characteristic of a plié is the fact that it is a continuous movement. It never stops. As I have said before, “a plié is a movement, not a position” (Ballet Secret 2b).

When performing a plié, think of it as a path, or road, that is continous – winding its way toward the horizon. This road has no intersections and no stop signs. None.

There aren’t any yield signs either.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2hh:
“There are no stop signs on the path of a plié.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Wonder is the heaviest element on the periodic table. Even a tiny fleck of it stops time.”
― Diane Ackerman

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment