2 3 Terminology Tuesday Assemblé de Suite | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Terminology Tuesday Assemblé de Suite



Terminology Tuesday Assemblé de Suite

A term of the Cecchetti school of training, assemblé de suite a-sahn-BLAY-duh sweet) is a series of assemblés that are perfomred without straightening the knees at the end of each assemblé. The term means “continuous assemblé”.

I seldom see this term used, or the step performed, today. But it is one of twenty-seven (yes, I counted them!) different assemblés listed in Gail Grant’s book “Technical Maunual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet”.

Don’t you just love ballet?!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret 15uuu#:
“Assemble de suite is a series of assembles.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You're different. And I'm different too. Different is good. But different is hard. Believe me, I know.”
― Matthew Quick, Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment