2 3 Saturday Shoe Superstition | Ballet Webb

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday Shoe Superstition



Saturday Shoe Superstition

One superstition I’d never heard was that it was bad luck to put pointe shoes on a dressing table, or any table, for that matter. It is said that doing this brings the risk of a bad performance, or being fired, or some other such misfortune. Hmmm.

This superstition may have come from the medieval practice of placing a new pair of shoes on a table to signify that someone in the household had just died (the new shoes were purchased for the deceased person’s burial).

Therefore, perhaps it is only bad luck to put pointe shoes on a dressing table if they are brand new.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #133:
“It is bad luck to put pointe shoes on a dressing table.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It doesn't matter how great your shoes are if you don't accomplish anything in them.”
― Martina BooneCompulsion

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment