2 3 Mad Monday | Ballet Webb

Monday, August 27, 2018

Mad Monday



Mad Monday Gargouillade Volé

I have written about gargouillade before: http://balletwebb.blogspot.com/search?q=gargouillade, but today I ran across a version of this step that I had never seen – or heard of: gargouillade volé.

You may remember that gargouillade means gurgling or rumbling, and volé means flown. Hmmm, a gurgling flying thing. Gotta love ballet! Anyway, this step is listed as a step of the Cecchetti method in Gail Grant’s book Technical Manual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet. It is described as follows:

“Gargouillade vole (Cecchetti method) [gar-goo-YAD vaw-LAY].
Gargouillade flown. Fifth position R foot back. Execute a double rond de
jambe en l’air en dedans a la demi-hauteur with the R leg and finish with the R
foot in retire at the side of the L knee. Spring off the L foot onto the R and land
in demi-plie sur place, turning the body efface. As the R foot comes to the
ground, draw the L point upward to the side of the R knee and open it to the
fourth position en Fair, pointing to the left front corner of the room.
Immediately lower the L foot to the fourth position, pointe tendue, body
remaining efface. “

Well, this doesn’t seem too clear to me, so I tried to find a demonstration on Youtube, but nothing came up except the standard gargouillade. So there you are. It’s a mystery.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15rrr:
“A seldom seen step is gargouillade volé.”

Link of the Day (gargouillades at 2:04):

Quote of the Day:
Actual artists are like mythological creatures,' she heard herself opine. 'You hear about them, but a sighting's pretty rare.”
― Garth Risk HallbergCity on Fire

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment