2 3 Wild Wednesday Wrinkles | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Wild Wednesday Wrinkles



Wild Wednesday Wrinkles

Yesterday I talked about the levator scapulae muscles in the neck, and how they help lift the shoulder blades. This is just one reason why sometimes a dancer’s ears appear to be warmed by the shoulders. Scary.

To keep the neck and shoulders relaxed, imagine wrinkles falling gently downward out of a pair of pants. The fabric relaxes and all the creases smooth out.

Imagine this, and really feel it happening in your neck muscles. Not only will you look better, you’ll feel better, too.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21hh:
“To relax your neck, imagine wrinkles falling out of a pair of pants.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It's a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.”
― Paulo CoelhoThe Pilgrimage

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment