2 3 Technical Tuesday Amazing Knees | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Technical Tuesday Amazing Knees



Technical Tuesday Amazing Knees

Our knees are truly amazing. For example, with each step our knees bear three times our body weight, or five times (that’s half a ton!) while walking downstairs or downhill. https://www.itbandz.com/know-5-knee-facts/

This makes me think about how much stress our knees endure when we jump in a single dance class, and it emphasizes again how important it is to keep “knees over toes” in plié!

The knee is the biggest and most complex joint in the body. It gets its strength from four bones: the tibia (shin), patella (knee cap), femur (thigh) and fibula. But it gets even more interesting: everyone has unique kneecaps – there are no two people with the exact same kneecap structure.

Perhaps kneecap scanning will someday replace fingerprinting!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Anatomical Secret #27ccc:
“With each step, your knees bear three times your body weight.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Stop Thief!
Policeman, policeman,
Help me please.
Someone went and stole my knees.
I’d chase him down but I suspect
My feet and legs just won’t connect.
-Shel Silverstein

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment