2 3 Technical Tuesday Blisters | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Technical Tuesday Blisters


Technical Tuesday Blisters

A common concern, especially for those beginning pointe work, is how to handle blisters. They are inevitable for most dancers, and seem to appear at the worst possible times, like at the beginning of a season, or before a performance.

The advice I received from a physician is this: when you get a blister, soak your foot in water as hot as you can tolerate, then carefully dry the foot and apply some antibiotic ointment (I have also used vitamin E oil), and cover it with a band-aid.

I go one step further and cover the band-aid with medical tape so the band-aid won’t move. This way you can manage to dance without exacerbating the problem. 

Of course, if there is any sign of infection, a doctor should be consulted.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #27b:
“The proper care of blisters will prevent future problems.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment