2 3 Mad Monday Smiling Arabesques | Ballet Webb

Monday, June 12, 2017

Mad Monday Smiling Arabesques






Mad Monday Smiling Arabesques

Recently I talked about how the leg mustn’t roll under as it moves from second to arabesque (Ballet Secret #18x). This is a common problem.

Here is another way to think about it. Imagine painting a smiley face on your knee while the leg is up in a perfectly placed arabesque. Draw it so that if the arabesque leg isn’t fully turned-out, the mouth will not be seen.

Whenever the leg is in an arabesque, the whole smiley face should be seen – not just the eyes. The arabesque must smile!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #18y:
“See the whole “face” of the knee in arabesque.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.”
Roy T. Bennett

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment