2 3 Wacky Wednesday and Rings of Saturn | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wacky Wednesday and Rings of Saturn






Wacky Wednesday and Rings of Saturn

Last week I talked about how the arms in first (fifth en avant) should feel as though they are in a hula hoop that surrounds the body (Ballet Secret #6yy). Today’s idea is a similar one.

To keep the elbows lifted, and to engage the back muscles, imagine that the arms (in first) are resting on the rings of Saturn. These rings completely surround the body and provide support for the arms and an awareness of the back.

VoilĂ ! Arms in space!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #6zz:
“Imagine the arms resting on the rings of Saturn.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”
Mark Twain

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

2 comments: