2 3 Fun Friday Hula Hoop | Ballet Webb

Friday, May 19, 2017

Fun Friday Hula Hoop





Fun Friday Hula Hoop

This week I talked about avoiding “pre-surgery” arms, and I’ve also discussed the proper shape and placement of the arms in first (fifth en avant). Here is another way to think about it.

Imagine being inside a hula hoop. The arms are placed on the inside of the hoop, following the curve (preventing pre-surgery and drooping hands). Also, because the hoop encircles the body, it also includes the back – critical muscles to use for correct port de bras.

So imagine fifth en avant of the arms being done inside a hula hoop.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #6yy:
“Imagine the arms in a hula hoop in first (fifth en avant).”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:

“I advise you to say your dream is possible and then overcome all inconveniences, ignore all the hassles and take a running leap through the hoop, even if it is in flames.”

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment