2 3 Fun Friday Slurp | Ballet Webb

Friday, May 12, 2017

Fun Friday Slurp





Fun Friday Slurp

Since I seem to be naming things differently lately, consider the tendu. It never leaves the floor, and must press against the floor as it moves in and out. In other words, it slurps.

What if we called them Slurpees, instead of tendues? This way it would be immediately obvious that they should move (press) against the floor and not lift off it. 
They would slurp in and out, thus maintaining contact and in doing so would develop strength and finesse in the feet effectively.

Slurpees! Think about it.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #4bb:
“Instead of calling it a tendu, call it a Slurpee.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“A system is only as effective as your level of commitment to it.”
Audrey Moralez

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment