2 3 Wild Wednesday Geometry | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wild Wednesday Geometry







Wild Wednesday Geometry

I’ve blogged about different aspects of geometry and its relationship to dance. Things like under-circles and right angles, for example. You don’t have to be a math-brain to understand these concepts when it comes to ballet. Dancers are adept at visualizing them.

Dance is all about geometric patterns. Today’s video shows it beautifully. It will help you visualize the matrix underlying everything – every step –  that we do in ballet.

Keep this vision in mind when you move, and it will help you create the correct energy patterns and the correct shape of each position.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #22jj:
“Be aware of the geometry of dance.”

Link of the Day:
Quote of the Day:
You don’t see something until you have the right metaphor to let you perceive it”
James Gleick, Chaos: Making a New Science

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment