2 3 Saturday Elbow Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday Elbow Statute






Saturday Elbow Statute

Yesterday I talked about how the arms usually precede the torso. This is related to today’s Ballet Statute #107: The elbows never lead the port de bras.

That’s right. The elbows never lead. The fingertips lead. When the elbows lead it produces “creepy” port de bras. They appear vulture-like, or bat-like. In other words, creepy. Not something you want, unless it is Halloween or there is some other, similar theme expressed in the choreography.

Avoid creepy port de bras! Always lead with the fingertips, never the elbows.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #107:
“The elbows never lead the port de bras.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead.”
Roy T. Bennett,

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment