2 3 Wacky Wednesday Woo Woo | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Woo Woo






Wacky Wednesday Woo Woo

I use imagery (pictures in the mind) regularly in my classroom. Although some students are skeptical at first because they either have not experienced it, or because it seems a bit woo woo, eventually they see the benefits.

Well, imagery has quite a track record. Multiple studies have demonstrated its effectiveness, and a simple one you can try is this:

Imagine sucking on a lemon wedge. Use all of your powers of imagination and fully experience the taste, the feel, and the pucker potential of that lemon. Then, stop and ask yourself: “Did I salivate more?” The usual answer is yes. Yet there was no real lemon involved. It was simply an image that produced a physical response. Exactly the theory that makes imagery work well in a dance class. 

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret# 2hhh:
“The “woo woo” of imagery is proven to be very effective.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment