2 3 Saturday Place | Ballet Webb

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday Place






Saturday Place

As a child I remember my mother telling me “a place for everything and everything in its place”. This was her way of instructing me about the value of neatness and organization – two very useful habits for a ballet dancer.

Everything in ballet has its place, and when the technique is clean and solid, everything is in its place. There is no sloppiness, or random placement of legs, arms, feet, etc. Everything has a designated, specific place. This idea can be rather daunting for a beginner.

But it works well. It creates clean, beautiful lines, and lovely, flowing movement. No deviation, no out-of-focus moments. A place for everything and everything in its place.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #108:
“In ballet, there is a place for everything.”

Link of the Day:
https://www.facebook.com/ruth.petrinovic/posts/10212178094709492

Quote of the Day:
“See if you can approach your own practice with a healthy combination of mindfulness, playfulness, precision, and curiosity”
Cyndi Lee

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment