2 3 Wacky Wednesday Passés in Space | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Passés in Space


Wacky Wednesday Passés in Space

I have a great interest in space and its mysteries and explorations. However, one spacey thing I don’t like to see is an orbiting retiré or passé. You know what I mean. A passé that never quite makes contact with the knee and instead floats around – orbits - on the edge of it.

This usually happens during pirouettes, but may happen anytime a dancer’s working foot is at the knee. While at no time should the foot rest or lean on the knee, there should be light contact – enough to prevent the foot from moving around the leg, like a planet orbiting the sun.

Orbiting retirés throw the proper alignment of the body out of whack, and thus prevent multiple pirouettes from happening. To say nothing about the fact that it simply looks bad. Scary.

Avoid passés in space!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #:
“A retiré or passé should touch the knee and not orbit.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“Not just beautiful, though--the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching me.”
― Haruki Murakami

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment