2 3 Saturday Holding Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Saturday Holding Statute






Saturday Holding Statute

Ahhhh those ballet dancers that look like they are about to turn blue. Not an uncommon problem, I’m afraid. Especially during difficult steps, or vexing combinations, “forgetting to breathe” is a common malady.

Breathing is so critical for everything a dancer does, not just for staying alive. There is always a breath prior to each movement (remember the up to go  down to go up?) that makes a dancer move easily and with “flow”.

It is helpful to develop the habit of reminding yourself to breathe. This is particularly true during stressful situations like auditions, or learning new choreography. But make it a habit every day.

Breathe!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #102:
“There is no breath-holding in ballet.”


Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
Thich Nhat Hanh

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment