2 3 Saturday Statute When in Doubt | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturday Statute When in Doubt






Saturday Statute When in Doubt

A question I hear from beginning students is this: “Should this be turned out?” It sounds simplistic to a more accomplished dancer, but early in the learning process, identifying what actually constitutes turnout and when to use it can be challenging.

Once a student understands how to turn out the legs, I introduce Ballet Statute #100: When in doubt, turn it out. There are very few times when a ballet dancer isn’t using turnout, so this directive is helpful.

Except in cases like sixth position, or therapeutic kinds of exercises, turnout is a constant. Therefore, when in doubt, turn it out!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute # 100:
“When in doubt, turn it out.”
Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.”
- Don Ward

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.



Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment