2 3 Mad Monday Relay | Ballet Webb

Monday, February 6, 2017

Mad Monday Relay






Mad Monday Relay

Recently I did a blog about double pliés and how these do not exist in ballet technique. Today’s idea is very similar. Relay pliés. You know, those very tiny plies that precede the actual, intended plié.  These little pliés seem to act like a relay, where a runner hands off an item to the next runner in line.

In relay plies, the first small plié seems to tap the other one on the shoulder as if to say, “Here it is, now it’s your turn…” More than one plié creates a bouncing type of preparation, and doesn’t serve a useful purpose.

Therefore:  There are no relay pliés in ballet. One to a customer, please.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret # 2cc:
“There is no such thing as a relay plié.”

Link of the Day:
Quote of the Day:

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment