2 3 Wacky Wednesday Waist | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wacky Wednesday Waist



Wacky Wednesday Waist

A waist elastic was once a common part of a dance school’s uniform. There are some academies that still require this, along with pink tights and a leotard, but I seldom see it today.

The waist elastic serves an important role. The contrast of white elastic against a black leotard (or any contrasting colors) makes it easy to see whether the hips are level. In fact, it is so striking that it reveals even minor deviations from horizontal. It’s a simple device that serves a great purpose. (See the Link of the Day below)

Try wearing one and see for yourself.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #20hh:
“Wear a waist elastic to reveal horizontal alignment.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
― Rumi

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment