2 3 Terminology Tuesday Portée | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Portée



Terminology Tuesday Portée

This term is pretty much self-explanatory. Portée [pawr-TAY] means carried. Like the word porteur (see Terminology Secret #87) that means carrier, portée means any step that travels through the air from one point to another.

Portée can also refer to the carrying of a ballerina by her partner.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #90:
Portée means carried.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Your thoughts carry you wherever you want to go.”
― Israelmore Ayivor, Leaders' Watchwords

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment