2 3 Superstitious Saturday Early Birds | Ballet Webb

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Superstitious Saturday Early Birds



Superstitious Saturday Early Birds

When it comes to dancer’s rituals, several categories have emerged. I’ll talk about several of them in future blogs. Today’s ritual category is The Early Bird. And, I confess, I was (am) one.

This is the dancer who always arrives very early, whether it is a performance day or just a normal day. This allows time to prepare both mentally and physically for the tasks to come. I may have developed this habit due to a requirement by my dance teacher. We had to be at the barre fifteen minutes before class (and she took roll at this time). Her statement was “if you are five minutes early, you are already ten minutes late”. This is well remembered by all of us who trained with her.

Therefore, I became an Early Bird dancer. It worked well not only because of the extra time for getting the mind and body ready, but also because it is quieter early, and one can truly relax and concentrate.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstitious Secret #181:
“Some dancers are early birds.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Better to start early than finish late.”
― J.R. Rim

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment