2 3 Terminology Tuesday Tour Posé | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Tour Posé



Terminology Tuesday Tour Posé

A term of the Cecchetti method, tour posé means “poised turn”. The French definition of posé is calm.

We are probably more familiar with this step being called a piqué turn, or any turn done with a piqué onto the supporting leg. I seldom hear tour posé used in a dance classroom today.

I find it interesting that the word for calm is used in conjunction with the word for turn, since so many dancers find turns to be less than calming. Hmmm…

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #58:
“Tour posé is a poised turn.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.”
― Jules Renard

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment