2 3 Saturday Superstition White Lighter | Ballet Webb

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Saturday Superstition White Lighter



Saturday Superstition White Lighter

This superstition comes from the world of musicians. Apparently, it is believed that carrying a white lighter will bring bad luck or dire consequences and anyone who carries one is cursed.

It is said that Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain all had a white lighter on them when they died. Hmmm… this would seem to make this a relatively new (historically speaking) superstition. I’ve never heard this belief in the dance world, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Some say this superstition originated at the 27 Club, but in 2017, Snopes.com published an article stating that the Bic Company didn’t make white disposable lighters until several years after the musician’s deaths. 

Therefore, it appears that this superstition is simply an urban legend.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #172:
“Never carry a white lighter.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If you ask me I don’t think there are any such things as curses. I think there is only life. That’s enough.”
― Junot Diaz, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment