2 3 Saturday Black Cats and Ghosts | Ballet Webb

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Saturday Black Cats and Ghosts



Saturday Black Cats and Ghosts

According to https://thelondonbluebird.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/witches-ghosts-whistling-and-cats-a-guide-to-theatrical-superstitions/, a theater isn’t a “genuine theatre” unless it has a black cat and a ghost. Hmmm…

I’ve been in several theaters that are said to have a resident ghost (or two), but I never encountered one, and I never knew a theater with its own resident black cat. I’ve seen cats that wandered inside the building and once there was one that walked onstage – during the performance.

Among the general population a black cat is usually considered to be bad luck, but not in theatrical circles. In fact, some performers even bring their pet black cats backstage for luck.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstitious Secret #170:
“Every theater must have a black cat and a ghost.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.”
-         Groucho Marx

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment