2 3 Fun Friday Gorilla Jetés | Ballet Webb

Friday, September 6, 2019

Fun Friday Gorilla Jetés



Fun Friday Gorilla Jetés

I talked about gorilla arms in a previous post: http://balletwebb.blogspot.com/search?q=gorilla. Today I’m using the gorilla image again, but this time in jetés.

In petit jetés, (more commonly shortened to the simple “jetés”), traveling side to side is not permitted. Instead, the dancer travels forward (or back) only, and moves just a tiny distance (like that of closing a dégagé into fifth). But sadly, a side to side movement happens all too frequently. Sigh.

This side to side movement always reminds me of a gorilla dancing, especially if the arms and body are also swinging back and forth. Scary for dancers, although perfectly acceptable for actual gorillas.

Gorilla jetés are not allowed in ballet.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15zzz:
“Avoid gorilla jetés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The more you learn about the dignity of the gorilla, the more you want to avoid people.”
― Dian Fossey

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment