2 3 Wild Wednesday Spot | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wild Wednesday Spot



Wild Wednesday Spot

Sometimes, when we are caught up in the enthusiasm of increasing the number of pirouettes we can do, we resort to spinning. That is, turning so fast that each individual turn is lost in a blur and we are no longer able to spot – and usually no longer able to balance well. Scary.

Beautiful pirouettes are beautiful because they aren’t lost in a blur – each individual turn is visible and exact. The spot is sharply rhythmic and matches each turn. Watch dancers who turn well and you’ll see what I mean. (See the Link of the Day below.)

If you are having problems with your pirouettes, try slowing things down a bit and make each spot separate and distinct. Don’t let your turns get ahead of your spot.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14hhh:
“Turn only as fast as you can spot.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Perfection of effort is not required, by the way. It is the consistency of attempting to work these tools that brings the progress. It’s like anything else. If I want to tone muscle, lifting a ten-pound weight a few times every day will move me toward my goal much quicker than hoisting a fifty-pound barbell once a week. Yes, it really is true: “Slow and steady wins the race.” Just try a little, every day. You’ll see.”
― Holly Mosier

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment